Repairs & Service contracts
Please visit our dedicated website: www.solarrepairs.co.uk whether you require a fuse changing or a system completely removing for roof repairs or building work and an updated system being installed.
We service and maintain the system in your home (regardless who fitted it). We also service all types of commercial, community, private and social housing solar thermal systems.
PPE (Planned Preventative maintained) is essential to ensure reliability, maintain warantees and safety of solar water heating systems.
What will a service visit entail?
The visit will normally include the following where accessible:
- Visual Inspection of the tubes or flat plate collector.
- Visually Inspect fixings.
- Checking glycol (antifreeze) concentration.
- Checking glycol (antifreeze) pH.
- Operate air removal devices.
- Check Controller settings.
- Set pump speed and flow rate.
- Check Expansion Vessel pressure.
- Check system pressure.
- Operate pressure relief valves.
- Clean panels if practical for 1engineer without using ladders.
- Record hours run.
- Investigate if the system has overheated.
- Check for leaks.
- Explanation of solar controls to customer and how best to top up the heat when required.
How can I book a solar service?
To book a service, please email us to [email protected] with your address and contact details. We will get in touch with some suggested dates for a visit. If you have further questions, you can either email us or ring us.