Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
The good news is that the majority of solar water heating installations benefit from the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive. We are an MCS accredited installer, therefore systems we install fulfil this part of the requirements for eligibility for RHI.
The aim of the RHI scheme is to promote renewable heat technology. It was the first of its kind in the world and the UK Government expects the RHI to contribute towards meeting the targets for reducing the effects of climate change.
Key points to note for Renewable Heat Incentive
- The current payment tariff for Domestic systems is pence / KW hour / year for 7 years
- The current payment tariff for Commercial systems is 10 pence / KW hour / year for 20 years
- Typical Domestic total income ranges from £1500 to £3000
- We are a MCS accredited installer, which is a requirement for you to be eligible for the RHI
- You will also require an EPC (energy performance certificate) less than 24 months old
There are two parts to the RHI:
- Domestic RHI – launched 9 April 2014 and and provides financial support to the owner of the renewable heating system for seven years.
- Non-domestic RHI – launched in November 2011 and provides payments to industry, businesses and public sector organisations.
For more information please visit:
There are many websites on the Internet that provide information about the Renewable Heat Incentive. Below are three we suggest are good starting points for further information and research.