How to best reduce costs during our service/repair visits
How you can best save money is to make our job as quick and easy as possible:
- We will always try to service or repair your system in the most economical way possible. However, you may be able to help reduce costs:
- Please make sure we can park as close as possible to where we are working.
- Have any system instructions and documentation available.
- Clear the airing cupboard or area where we work so we can access all-round the cylinder and other components.
- Prepare a clear, well-lit area.
- Prepare easy access to loft and get the ladder down if you can.
- Have a water supply available.
- Have an 13amp socket / extension lead nearby.
- E-mail us pictures of the controller / pump station/ cylinder and panels so we know what we are working on before we get there.
- We are always happy to remove our shoes, but it does save time if we don’t have to.
To increase the chances of success we have done the following:
- We have a well organised van with a vast range of tools and specialist equipment.
- We carry a large variety of spare components that will cope with most. However, we cannot guarantee to always have the required components on board.
- We have been repairing systems since 2007 and have gained considerable experience. However, a day rarely goes by without us learning something new.
- We carry a range of manuals in the van and PDF instructions on our phones, but we often still do need to refer to manufacturer’s websites and technical departments.
- We will try to work as efficiently as possible but this is a job that cannot be rushed and attention to detail is important.