Green Homes Grant Scheme
The scheme is closing to new applications on 31st March 2021
The scheme is closing for new applications on 31st March 2021 and we are no longer issuing quotations. At this point, we understand that existing applications will be processed and vouchers already issued remain valid and work can be completed.
You can read the full announcement here:
The Small Solar Company Ltd is taking part in the Government’s Green Homes Grant Scheme. The scheme will run from the end of September 2020 until 31st March 2021.
The Green Homes Grant scheme allows home owners and landlords to apply for a voucher for up to 2/3rd of the cost of a solar thermal installation. The maximum value of a voucher is £5000. Low income households can receive a voucher up to £10000. The home owner/landlord must pay a contribution of 1/3rd of the total cost of the works directly to the installer.
The following criteria applies and you must provide the following information. You need to:
- be a home owner or landlord.
- provide evidence of home ownership.
- provide an EPC (Energy performance certificate) https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/energy-performance-certificates. This point is not perfectly clear at this stage.
- provide a quotation from an MCS registered solar installer such as The Small Solar Company. You can check the register her: https://mcscertified.com/find-an-installer/ (our post code is AL12BS )
- The Government will release the exact details and the application form for the Green Homes Grant. We will therefore update this page as details become available.
RHI and the Green Homes Grant Scheme
We understand that home owners and landlords will be able to apply for both the Green Homes Grant and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
However, the Green Homes Grant contribution will be removed from the RHI payment. Therefore, although the grant will help to reduce capital outlay, the maximum payment will only be the total Green Homes Grant or RHI payments, which ever are the greatest.
We are pleased to say that we qualify to install systems under the scheme way as we are certified under the Trustmark as well as the MCS scheme.